Voya Financial Director, IT Service Management in Windsor, Connecticut
Job TitleDirector, IT Service Management
Business UnitVoya Financial
Job FamilyInformation Technology
Position LocationWindsor - CT
Department NameHead of IT
No. of Openings1
Full-Time or Part-TimeFull-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?No
We will consider candidates willing to:Work at Position Location specified above only
SalarySalary Commensurate with Experience
What is Voya?Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), helps Americans plan, invest and protect their savings - to get ready to retire better. Serving the financial needs of approximately 13 million individual and institutional customers in the United States, Voya is a Fortune 500 company that had $11 billion in revenue in 2015. The company had $458 billion in total assets under management and administration as of March 31, 2016. With a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible - one person, one family, one institution at a time - Voya's vision is to be America's Retirement CompanyTM. The company is equally committed to conducting business in a way that is socially, environmentally, economically and ethically responsible - Voya has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies, by the Ethisphere Institute, and as one of the Top Green Companies in the U.S., by Newsweek magazine. For more information, visit voya.com or view the company's 2015 annual report. Follow Voya Financial on Facebook and Twitter @Voya.
What are the job responsibilities?This position manages IT professionals, both managers and individual contributors and is directly responsible for the results produced by the teams. This role will work closely with both the technology towers and the Application/Lines of Business (LOB) to ensure that technology services are being delivered at levels necessary to support business outcomes. The role will provide thought leadership on Service Management and lead the creation of a strategic roadmaps, including implementation, improvement and management of multiple ITIL processes. In addition, the role is accountable for reporting on the performance of services through Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics. The incumbent collaborates closely with other ITSM services and Service Management processes, such as Release, Change, Asset and Incident Management as initiatives move through the delivery lifecycle. Understands technology tower priorities, and can articulate and assist in plans for reverse demand.
• Partner with Service Owners and Tower Leads to create and maintain a holistic view of Technology Services activities to ensure effective delivery, management and improvement of services that align to and meet Application LOB needs.
• Monitoring and reporting on the performance of services through Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, including participation in requirements gathering for the development of scorecards and dashboards.
• Direct continuous improvement activities to ensure maturity levels continue to be achieved; champion continuous improvement initiatives
• Develop, implement, monitor and improve customer-facing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) to create alignment to business outcomes
• Understands business priorities, rationalizes demand and communicates priorities to ensure technology staff is working on the highest value activities. Helps translate incoming demand to required supply.
• Escalation point for Technology and Applications staff
• Manages business partner expectations around delivery.
• Drive and contribute to the vision, strategy, planning and rollout of the IT Service Management Service Delivery capability.
Who is our ideal candidate?Knowledge and skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a directly related field; Master’s Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
• Prior IT Service Management experience
• ITIL certification strongly preferred
• Ten years of progressively responsible experience in IT.
• Proven track record of delivering complex IT services to a diverse clientele.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:• Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.• Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.• Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.• Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.• Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
What else can we tell you?
At Voya, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life.
Our facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free building and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
Medical and dental coverage, as well as a vision care plan for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
Voya Retirement Plan funded entirely by Voya provides monthly benefits at retirement based on a cash-balance formula that credits an amount to your cash-balance account each month equal to 4% of your eligible pay.
Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
Voya is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. Voya has been recognized for many of our diversity practices:
Voya has earned a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Corporate Equality Index for seven straight years (2007-2013).
Voya has received a Catalyst Award that honors exceptional initiatives from companies that support and advance women in business.
Diversity Inc Noteworthy Top 25 Companies (2011).
National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Financial Services Diversity Corporation of the Year, 2011.
A World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute (2014).
Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
Voya will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
Voya employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at: http://corporate.voya.com/careers/working-voya-financial
If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
Your local law enforcement officials.
The Federal Trade Commission. (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm).
The web site with the job posting in question.