AmeriGas Utility Worker - (5618) in Willoughby, Ohio
Utility Worker - (5618)
Job Class Seasonal
Location # 4110-Willoughby, OH* - Willoughby, OH 44094-6248 US (Primary)
Job Type ACE & Field Operations - DOT
AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
The Utility Worker primarily works in the outside dock area of the AmeriGas facility. The employee is responsible for unloading empty propane cylinders from the truck(s), carrying them inside the dock area to the refill station, and refilling the cylinders. The filled cylinders are then moved back to the dock and reloaded onto the truck(s) for the next day's delivery. Other duties may include cylinder repair and maintenance, providing customer training on dispensing propane, and handling refills for walk-in customers. This employee may also fill in for a Delivery Rep on an as-needed basis.
• Safety Mindset - Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of safety to the company; considers the impact on safety when making decisions; consistently models safety practices
• Customer Focus - Makes customers the highest priority, second only to safety; is committed to meeting the needs of all customers; establishes rapport and engages customers in discussion of their needs;
• Integrity & Trustworthiness - Demonstrates high professional and personal standards; treats people fairly and with respect; handles confidential information appropriately.
• Communication - Listens and responds appropriately to others; articulates ideas clearly, persuasively, and concisely
• Meets Commitments - Sees issues through to completion; checks with appropriate parties to ensure issues have been completely resolved; finds ways to overcome barriers that initially prevents oneself from immediately solving problems and getting the job done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help Delivery Representatives unload empty tanks from the trucks and carry the tanks to the refill station.
• Refill empty cylinders.
• Load filled cylinders onto the truck(s) for the next day's delivery route.
• Repair cylinders, including such activities as replacing valves, bleeders, liquid level gauges, and O-rings.
• Serve all walk-in customers per day with tank refills and repairs
• Operate the forklift to move large tanks and storage cages around the yard and load onto trucks.
• Remove rust on tanks and repaint them.
• Help with service work.
• Run customer delivery routes in a Bobtail or rack truck or deliver tanks to other AmeriGas facilities as needed
• Provide dispenser training at customer sites that refill gas grill tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or GED
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.