Evans Bank Personal Banker in Williamsville, New York
Why work for Evans?
- We’re the only locally-based full service, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful product management.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers, we’re not going anywhere.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work in Western New York list for three years running.
We're looking for a an individual with a passion for sales, while delivering a top notch customer experience! The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on daily customer interaction, demonstrates ability to identify customer needs, while seeking a long and rewarding career within retail banking.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Sales/Referral Responsibilities:*
- Ensures personal sales/referral goals are attained.
- Maintains strong knowledge of Evans Bank products and services to effectively refer product solutions across various business lines and achieve referral goals.
- Manages own book of business.
- Effectively utilizes the sales process through the use of the Sales Pipeline, Evans Rewards, On Boarding process, sales campaigns and call nights.
- Assists customers in the account opening process, the interviewing of customers for loan requests and the closing of loans.
- Works closely with the Assistant Branch Manager to build the internal sales culture at the branch.
- Assists in the overall smooth and efficient operations of the branch.
- Upholds all bank policies, procedures and banking regulations.
- Assists in the timely completion of required branch reports in an accurate manner.
- Assists in performing branch audits.
- Assists the branch in receiving a satisfactory audit.
- Provides customer’s access to safe deposit boxes.
- Responsible for the overall branch when management is not available and acts as a management designee.
- Cross-trained on Assistant Branch Manager and Head Teller duties and responsibilities. Acts in those roles when needed.
- Participates in activities to enhance public awareness of Evans Bank in the community.
- Takes advantage of educational opportunities that exist.
- Has approval authority for official bank checks and internal bank documents within prescribed limits.
- Participates and provides input at staff meetings.
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of inside/outside sales experience with the proven ability to:
- Sell/refer products and services to customers and non-customers.
- Plan, develop and execute on a personal sales plan.
- Customer Service Excellence
- Notary Public or ability to attain within six months.
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 license and New York State Life/Health/Accident license, or ability to attain as directed by management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound decision-making capabilities.
Job Location: Williamsville, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 337-018