Reis, Inc. Research Associate, Real Estate (Entry Level) in White Plains, New York
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Since 1980 Reis has been the leading provider of commercial real estate market and transaction support information nationwide. Reis serves any firm with exposure to commercial real estate risk in the form of debt or equity and is considered the “Industry Standard” throughout the Banking, Investment Banking, Appraisal, and Insurance industries.
Reis is dedicated to bringing the most accurate and timely information to commercial real estate professionals through our cutting-edge web-based platform offering thousands of proprietary reports as well as custom consulting solutions.
Sales Comparables, Research Associate - White Plains, NY
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Sales Comparables Team to help us identify, track, and collect data on Commercial Real Estate transactions. You will be responsible for market coverage of geographical areas assigned to your review. You will be exposed to different areas of Commercial Real Estate such as various asset types, market trends, and transaction types.
The right candidate will be organized, highly skilled in analytical thinking and multi-tasking, and possess an insatiable curiosity to uncover information.
Specifically, You’ll Be:
* Identifying, tracking, and collecting data on Commercial Real Estate transactions in assigned markets and across multiple property types.
* Leverage all primary research methods, using a variety of sources, to find the most recent transactions in assigned markets.
* Confirm and/or obtain information on transaction through web research or by calling a contact directly involved in the sale.
* Use analytical thinking to assess data, cross reference data between multiple sources, and identify data discrepancies.
* You are resourceful in your approach to collect pertinent data points.
* You are methodical and have the ability to run through an internal check list of tasks needed to be accomplished.
* You are self-motivated and often take the initiative.
* You are open and willing to learn about different aspects of commercial real estate.
* You take pride in producing accurate and error-free work.
Where You’ve Been:
* Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Social Sciences, or related field.
* Minimum Experience - Web-based research experiences in course work or internships
* Preferred Experience - 1-2 years work in a professional environment where both interpersonal and research skills have been utilized.
*We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, very generous paid-time-off policy, tuition reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Reis, Inc. takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.