Smiths Detection District Manager, Field Operations - Western Region in Western Region (CA, Arizona
District Manager, Field Operations - Western Region
Location: Western Region (CA,AZ,NV,CO) Posted: 11-29-2016
Category: Service Operations Experience: 5-7 years
Apply Online »
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
As a District Manager, you will lead, manage and support a team of Area Supervisors and Field Service Engineers. This individual must be an effective team leader, flexible, and able to actively seek to share information and assist his peers. This individual will also be responsible for the timely, cost-effective and quality delivery of product service to Smiths end users. Ensures a high level of external customer satisfaction and the achievement of service goals and objectives. Possesses excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Works directly with their RSM and the Scheduling Team to ensure appropriate levels of support are consistently maintained. Conducts follow up calls with the customer to ensure satisfaction of work. Adjusts and balances work schedules of their assigned direct reports.Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensures a high level of external customer satisfaction.
• Enables and maintains a positive and productive work environment.
• Spends minimum of 50% of time in the Field reviewing Area Supervisor and Field Service Engineers work habits/customer interactions.
• Provides leadership and guidance to improve Area Supervisor & Field Service Engineers skills, overall technical skills and customer relations' skills through scheduling of appropriate training.
• Organizes resources and work assignments to gain maximum efficiency and job enrichment i.e., work teams, territories, special assignments.
• Provides timely response to customer inquiries and complaints and ensures compliance with agreed upon customer requirements.
• Works with assigned accounts reporting overall performance, promoting Smiths solutions and can clearly articulate the Smiths Value proposition.
• Prepares and delivers timely and accurate performance appraisals for all direct reports.
• Maintains positive and productive relationship with other functional groups.
• Provides counsel, direction and opportunities to employees to assist in improving their performance on current job and preparation for future responsibilities.
• Ensures maximum service profitability through monitoring and management of parts consumption and departmental expense.
• Provides proper direction to support team in achievement of service goals and objectives including all productivity key performance indicators.
• With approval, recruits, interviews and hires new Area Supervisors and Field Service Engineers.
• Develops a strong and service driven culture within their team.
• Reviews and approves vacation requests, expense reports, service reports, and time cards for their team weekly, ensuring both their accuracy, timeliness, and adherence to company policy.
• Responsible for supervising daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
• Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
• Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated throughout their team
• Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
• Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
• Participates in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
• Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
• Establishes and maintains a close relationship with the Service Management Team in order to support the needs of the customer, region, and the business.
• Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs of both self and Field ServiceTeam.
• Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
• Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
• Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
• Other duties as required.
Education/Training: Prefer Bachelors Degree in Business Management however equivalent achievement through comparative work and life experience will be considered (>5 years work experience in a related technical managerment role).Computer literacy: competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical management role leading remote teams of Field Service Engineers and Management Supervisors (Medical Products Service, Industrial Process Controls, Avionics, Communications) Proven experience working cross functionally across internal business units to drive change and business results.
Knowledge/Skills: Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be responsive to customer issues beyond standard work hours, holidays and weekends. Must be willing & able to travel on short notice.
Supervises: Supervises and leads a high performance team of Area Supervisors and Field Service Engineers, many of them being remote employees.
Background: Must be able to pass and maintain an in depth background check (TSA vetting).
• Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi task several projects at once.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
• Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
• Possess excellent telephone skills
• Ability to lift item up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Work environment is typically considered to be a home office, corporate office, or customer location. Service will typically be rendered at airports, correctional facilities, courthouses, cruise ships or other locations as required.
*Must be eligible for a US Security Clearance
Smiths Detection is an Equal Opportunity Employer