SimpliVity Corp Solutions Architect - Columbus in Westborough, Massachusetts
SimpliVity provides equal opportunity for employment and promotions to all qualified Team Members and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and federal statutes. The company is willing to provide reasonable accommodation to all qualified disabled persons in order to assist them in performing the essential functions of the positions. The company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve in the workplace.
The Solutions Architect (SA) is primarily a pre-sales customer facing role. In combination with a Regional Sales Representative, the SA will support all technical related efforts in order to maximize Company's sales opportunity pipeline, revenue, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
Position reports to the VP Solutions Architect.
- Support Company sales, channel and business development efforts.
- Train VARS in the deployment of Simplivity technologies.
- Provide direct and remote facing pre sales technical support & services in order to maximize Company revenue and customer growth. These activities include but are not limited to:
- product presentations and demonstrations to both large and small audiences
- on-site product installation and configuration
- solution architecting and design
- analysis, resolution derivation and implementation of "fixes" required in the event of customer product performance issues
- education and knowledge transfer to customers, channels and partners in order to maximize Company's product user experience and value proposition
- Bachelor's degree in computer science electrical engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 8 years of pre-sales customer facing engineering experience, ideally this experience is largely within the SMB customer segment. Successful experience operating in both large and emerging company environments
- Successful track record of architecting, presenting and positioning IT storage and/or server virtualization offerings directly to end customers and via reseller channels. Ideally experience is with a subset of the following companies (NetApp, EMC, VMware, EqualLogic, Compellent, Citrix, etc.)
- Successful track record of reseller channel recruitment, enablement and management.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong verbal, written, and listening and abilities
- Strong subject matter technical expertise in:
- IT storage - DAS/SAN/NAS, BURA
- Server Virtualization - VMware. HyperV & KVM a plus
- Desktop Virtualization - VMware, Citrix
- Storage Networking -iSCSI, NFS, CIFs, FC
- General knowledge of all major IT data center operations, applications, work flows, architectures and trends
- Ability to travel, this is a "field based" role with the majority of travel being within a designated "home" sales region/territory. Travel outside of the "home region" will be required from time to time in support of Company corporate objectives.
- Knowledge of Emerging Cloud technologies (EC2, Azure, etc)
- VCDX Certification Preferred