HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Tech PRN in West Valley City, Utah
Are you ready for a work schedule that fits your lifestyle? “We offer No nights, No weekends, No call"
TheHCA Ambulatory Surgery Divisionoperates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. Apply today!
AtUtah Surgery Center, the demand for compassionate & quality care has never been greater. As a result, we are seeking a qualified Patient Care Tech to join our growing team.
The Patient Care Tech performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates knowledge of high disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment.
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
- Verifies proper functioning of equipment prior to procedure. Report malfunctioning equipment immediately to nurse manager.
- Utilizes good customer service while interacting with patient, family and physicians. Keeps patient and family informed on a timely basis.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Proficient in the care, handling and disinfection of all endoscopes and accessories.
- Practices Standard Precautions.
- Cleans GI treatment rooms between procedures and prepares rooms for next case.
- Assists in the maintenance, care and labeling of specimens. Identifies specimen with surgeon and passes specimen to the circulating RN.
Assists the R.N. and/or physician as needed.
Consider joining a team that offers: • Great working hours • Opportunities to learn and grow your career • Positive team environment
EDUCATION: • Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program preferred.
EXPERIENCE: • One year acute care experience preferred; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: • Valid BCLS Certification upon employment**online certification not acceptable.
Title: Surgical Tech PRN
Location: Utah-West Valley City-Appomattox Imaging
Requisition ID: 26046-2448