Amazon.com Shift Manager (FTC) - Romford in West Thurrock, United Kingdom
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like it’s day one. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future. And you could be part of it.
It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Shift Manager - Fix Term Contract for 6 months – Romford- PM, Sunday to Wednesday
Amazon Logistics want to bring on board a Shift Manager who fits this profile, and can lead our team to deliver more than a standard day’s work. You don't necessarily need a parcel or logistics background to be successful as a Shift Manager with us, if you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd love to hear from you, especially if you enjoy:
• Finding simple, smart and innovative ways to improve how we work for the benefit of our customers and on budget, and driving forward the implementation of that vision
• Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
• Successfully managing relationships with driver suppliers and inspiring the workforce to achieve and exceed
• Dealing with customer queries, making sure they are dealt with swiftly and effectively
• Being a calculated risk-taker, making decisions with strong business judgment and good instincts, focusing on the long term gains.
• Being a bold and inspirational leader who coaches, develops and motivates those around you to exceed the already high standards we set, to deliver the best for our customers
• Keeping your operation safe, by developing and maintaining a strong culture of health and safety practices
• Being resourceful and self-sufficient to deliver cost savings, at no cost to the customer.
• Being open-minded, welcoming of challenge
• Promoting a trust culture
• Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
• Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
• Thriving on change, being inclined to operate with total flexibility, not only on job location but also the hours and days of work (including weekends), committing the time needed to get the job done.
- Degree qualification or eqivilent
• The more innovative and entrepreneurial you are, the more at home you’ll feel
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly desirable
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Operations make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognise, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task.
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programmes. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you could.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
AMZR Req ID: 463798