ASR Group/Domino Sugar Senior Buyer in West Palm Beach, Florida
Florida Crystals is a leading domestic sugar producer and North America’s first fully integrated cane sugar company, guiding our sugar from the field to the table. We are America’s first and only producer of certified organic sugar, grown and harvested in the United States, and the first sugar certified CarbonFree® by Carbonfund.org. Our renewable energy facility is the largest of its kind in North America and provides clean energy that powers our sugar operations and tens of thousands of homes, which helps us reduce our use of fossil fuels.
The Sr. Buyer, Agriculture is responsible for Florida Crystal’s purchasing strategy through effective vendor relationship management, contract & project management, and management of suppliers. The Sr. Buyer will provide direct contact for customers in the procurement of agricultural materials and services at multiple locations throughout North and Central America. The Sr. Buyer will be required to work well in a team environment, have the ability to handle a large order volume, prioritize appropriately, and maintain positive business relationships with both internal and external customers. The incumbent must be able to travel up to 20% of the time; travel will be assigned based on the current needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 3-5 years of combined purchasing and/or agricultural experience
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Experience with purchasing on an ERP system.
- Ability to successfully negotiate price, terms, delivery, and volume levels with suppliers.
- Research and evaluate global suppliers based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, reputation, financial status, and history.
- Work with the Fleet Managers, end users, and suppliers to optimize and standardize agricultural equipment on a global scale.
- Collaborate on material or equipment specifications, review requisitions for goods and services, solicit proposals, and ensure suppliers provide timely and high quality materials and services to agricultural operations.
- Ability to anticipate issues, perform independent/critical needs analysis, and take corrective actions resulting in thorough and effective solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
- Ability to work in a high dollar, deadline driven purchasing environment.
- Ability to work with changing market conditions, incomplete information, and make decisions in the best interests of the business.
- Must have a solid understanding of TCO (total cost of ownership).
- Ability to provide a superior level of customer service and follow up on a variety of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal and external members of the Supply Chain as well as present information in a clear and concise manner to all audience levels.
PREFERRED CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Prior experience working in an agricultural operation.
- Prior experience working across a multi-site enterprise.
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish & English.
- Strong background in supply chain preferably in an agricultural environment.
- Experience working with agricultural materials and/or equipment preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Contract negotiations and contract management experience.
- Responsible for managing high spend categories for multiple farm locations.
- Responsible for preparing, negotiating, executing, managing and coordinating agreements for assigned commodities and/or services.
- Researches assigned markets and understand the associated processes, knowledge of potential suppliers, and their capabilities.
- Evaluates, qualifies, and accurately select suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability.
- Ensures all agreements, purchases and initiatives comply with internal policies.
- Presents cost savings ideas and opportunities to internal customers on a regional and global basis and implement as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary business information at all times
- Successfully transitions from work in a corporate office environment to an agricultural setting.
- Ability to influence others to make decisions in the best interest of the company.
- Act as back-up to the departmental manager as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Req id: 9241