Penn Medicine Clinical Nutrition Manager in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Clinical Nutrition Manager
Job ID :68987
Job Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Specialty Area: Food/Nutrition Services
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: 8a-4:30p, hours may vary, wknd commitment
Penn Medicine Entity: Chester County Hospital
Location: West Chester, PA
Address: 701 E Marshal St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
General Summary Statement
Under Direction of the Nutrition Services Director coordinates and monitors efforts of the Registered Dietitian and supports the effects and efficiencies of the Diet Office and trayline. Assures that patient’s nutrition care standards are met and patient satisfaction is maintained. Ensures department is in compliance with Joint Commission, State and Federal Regulatory agencies. Serves as a liaison between the medical Staff, nursing staff, ancillary health departments and the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrates knowledge of dietary restrictions by the development and modifying menu / meal trays appropriate for all diets.
• Develops Registered Dietitian Schedules and coordinates the Registered Dietitian’s work flow.
• Coordinates the Nutrition Care Committee keeping records and insuring progression of projects to improve patient care.
• Establishes evidence based Nutrition Standards of Care ensuring standards reflect current practices of Dietetics.
• Evaluates competency of medical documentation of Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Interns. On daily bases this position will monitors adherence to clinical standards. Monitor use of approved abbreviation and calculations by periodic chart audits.
• Reviews hospital EN and Supplement formulary and Nutrition Services policies and procedures both clinical and non clinical on annual bases to ensure cost effective and current practices of the hospital are in place.
• Collaborates and participates intra-and inter departmental performance improvement projects to benefit patient care.
• Compiles and analyses clinical productivity study each month for use in budget process.
• Follows department and hospital policy in event of Penn Chart is down and /or diet orders are not interfacing properly with VST. Notifies nursing units when there is departmental printer and /or computer problem to ensure proper communications to benefit patient care.
• Takes immediate action to resolve customer/patient complaints or requests.
• Maintains own level of knowledge and competence in order to assist with patient care as needed.
• Coordinates the education of Dietetic Interns from Immaculata College.
• Monitors and advises Food Service Team on patient care and food service issues.
• Coordinates Peer Review process to occur on monthly bases to ensure standards of care are maintained.
Minimum Requirements :
Education Training and Experience
Graduate of four year accredited college and American Dietetic Internship program or Coordinated Program.
Registered by the American Dietetic Association and Licenses and by the State of Pennsylvania
A Master Degree and/or CNSC with 2-4 years of acute care experience are preferred.
Work Environment and Hazards
Mostly works in a well–lit area with moderate heat and some humidity. At times may be exposed to extreme temperature variation (0- 90degrees). Hazards include, but not limited to exposure to wet floors, cuts, burns, falls and chemical compounds. See attached ADA
Work Contact Group
Community, patients, visitors, volunteers, and Health System workforce.
Special Physical Demands
Director of Nutrition Services
Registered Dietitians, Nutrition Supervisors
Committees and Memberships Required
This position should be a member of good standing American Dietetic Association Membership and ASPEN Membership.
Member of hospitals Infection Control, AMI task force, Glycemic Control Task force, HOD Wound Task Force, HF Task Force, Education Planning for CV patient Committee, FMEA Discharge Readiness Committee, Wellness Committee, Nutrition Care Committee
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.