Washington State L&I Safety & Health Specialist 4 in Washington
Please Note: we are reposting this position to allow for a larger applicant pool. Those that previously applied, do not need to reapply.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a strong commitment and pride in protecting workers in the State of Washington. As the Safety and Health Specialist 4, you will be responsible for the internal safety and health program covering Regions 1 and 2, serving staff in Seattle, Bellingham, Bellevue, Mt. Vernon, Everett, and Tukwila You will be the central point of contact for regional safety and health issues, additionally building and maintaining effective relationships with staff, supervisors, and management. You will collaborate with other Internal Safety and Health Coordinators, central office program managers and staff in directing the delivery of safety and health services within the region.
Please Note:The successful candidate may work out of our Everett, Tukwila or Bellevue office, depending on space availability and the desire of the candidate.
Some of what you'll do
- Develops implements and monitors an accident prevention program to ensure compliance with DOSH codes and agency policies and procedures
- Provides technical advice and assistance to program managers and supervisors on all aspects of the safety and health program
- Works with the internal safety and health staff in the administration, implementation, and maintenance of records needed to comply with DOSH
- Serves as the safety and health trainer for the two Regions, this included travel and an occasional overnight stay
- Conducts training, including but not limited to, First Aid CPR/AED, Heat Stress Hazard Awareness, and safety training for new electrical succession planning inspectors (ESPI) statewide
- Conducts ergonomic assessments and training for Ergo Aids
- Conducts office, field and vehicle ergonomic assessments
- Identifies and abates hazards in the field and in the office setting
Who should apply?
Professionals with a minimum 4 years as a L&I; Safety and Health Specialist, Industrial Hygienist OR a bachelor's degree and 4 years' experience as a Safety and Health Officer, Consultant, Inspector or related experience.
What we're looking for
- Working knowledge of WISHA and OSHA safety and health rules and regulations
- Proven written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Certified instructor for Medic First Aid CPR/AED is desired
- Accident investigation training and experience desired
- Demonstrated Leadership skills to develop an efficient team able to meet and exceed established regional goals
- Approach issues with an open mind and provide clear direction.
- Professional who have experience training in a classroom environment
- Strong skills in training and problem resolution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. To be considered for this position you will need to attach a cover letter detailing how you meet the qualification of this position (please read "What we are looking for") and a resume. Supplemental Information
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
The successful candidate may work out of the Everett, Tukwila or Bellevue office, depending on space availability and the desire of the candidate.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-05705
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,134.00 - $5,424.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Multiple Locations, WA