Washington State King County - Liquor & Cannabis Investigative Aide (Age: 17 1/2 - 19 years) in Washington
Safe communities for Washington State
Note:This posting will be used to fill vacancies in the* King County Region.*When applying for these positions, you are entering your name into a candidate pool. There may or may not be a vacancy at the time you apply.
Who we areOur mission is Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco and marijuana laws.
At the Washington State Liquor sand Cannabis Board (WSLCB) we pride ourselves on creating the "wow" factor in everything we do. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance. We strive to be a great place to work by fostering a safe, open, inclusive and healthy work environment. We want to ensure that our organization is as diverse and inclusive as our great State of Washington.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business initiated process improvement.
Your opportunity at a glance The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is accepting applications for non-permanent hourly Administrative Interns to work as Liquor & Cannabis Investigative Aides in our Enforcement and Education division. These positions work intermittently, non-standard hours (days, nights, and weekends) and are located throughout the state of Washington. These positions are very unique in that applicants need to be between the ages of 17 1/2 - 19 years old. Duties
Investigative Aides have the responsibility to:
- Perform compliance checks with a LCB Enforcement Officer or Inspector;
- Enter businesses and attempt to purchase alcohol and cannabis;
- Assist in writing compliance check reports;
At times testify in courts or at hearings. *The Ideal candidate will be:*
- Ability to take initiative
- Good communication skills
- Adheres to all safety regulations, standards and practices
- Ability to work independently
- Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations Qualifications
- Must be between the ages of 17 1/2 - 19; and
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test;
- Must possess valid identification (including photo ID);
- Must be willing to enter stores and establishments that allow minors;
- Must accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness necessary to achieve excellent results;
- Must follow applicable laws, regulations, and other standards;
- Must be able to interact with uncooperative/distraught licensees and employees;
- Accept direction from commissioned Liquor, Cannabis and Tobacco Enforcement Officers and other staff; and
- Earn the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and customers through consistent honesty, forthrightness, and professionalism in all interactions. Supplemental Information
HOW TO APPLY1. Completed on-line application throughwww.careers.wa.gov 2. Letter of interest explaining how your experience, skills and abilities are aligned with the job description and duties (document may be attached during the on-line application process).3. Three reference recommendations from a teacher, mentor or coach. (Not* required, but HIGHLY recommended.*)
Other Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: "No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business."
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board Should also be aware of RCW 69.50.351, which reads in part, "No member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor control board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of marijuana, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.”
WSLCB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email@example.com or call (360) 664.1783. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $11.16 Hourly
Location: Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2015-03704
Department: Liquor and Cannabis Board
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.