Washington State DSHS Licensed Practical Nurse 2 (Yakima Valley School) in Washington
We have meaningful career opportunities for Licensed Practical Nurses at Yakima Valley School!
The Department of Social and Health Services, Developmental Disabilities Administration, has Licensed Practical Nurse opportunities available to those who have a passion to work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
At Yakima Valley School you will be able join a dedicated team that is committed to providing care that inspires and empowers the people we serve. This is a meaningful career where you can make an impact. If you are an LPN with a passion for excellence and compassionate care, and are looking for an opportunity to grow, then we invite you to be a part of our Nursing Team!
*Some of what you'll be doing *
- Transcribe and carry out physician's orders for all medication and treatments. Not limited to, but including enternal feeding, repertory therapy, skin and bowl care.
- Records health data, medications and treatments in the clients chart/records.
- Administer medications and treatment.
- Document and report changes in patient's condition.
- Oversee care and provide direction, training, and assistance as needed.
- Assist the physicians and other medical staff with treatments and exams.
What we're looking for
- Ability to discern and apply practical nursing principles and concepts
- Ability to perform and interpret basic physical and treatment techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented in reporting and ability to relay clear, accurate information
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and take direction from nurses and doctors
Who should apply? Professionals with a valid Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse
The ability to obtain a valid license prior to employment.
Questions? Please contact Trina DeBiase
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10574 MPP
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,925.00 - $3,807.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County - Multiple Locations, WA