ManTech Mid ISSO in Washington, District Of Columbia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Information Systems Security Engineer to join our team in the Washington, DC area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the IS lifecycle.
· Develop and maintain SA/C&A documentation, including SSPs, SCONOPS, ST&E reports and other system security documentation; Conduct reviews and update security documentation, e.g. review and update IAW continuous monitoring and federally mandating auditing requirements.
· Support and cooperate with third party Risk assessment and Systems Audits.
· Author or coordinate the development of other required system security plans: Configuration management (CM), Contingency Plan (CP), Continuity of Operations (COOP), Disaster Recovery Plan (DR) and Incident Response Plan (IRP).
· Support and execute continuous monitoring strategy for assigned systems including: Establishing system audit trails and ensuring their review, reporting and remediation as needed.
· Request or conduct required information system vulnerability scans in accordance to establish policy; Develop system POA&Ms in response to reported vulnerabilities.
· Ensure compliance with annual FISMA deliverables and reporting.
· Investigate any information technology or system security incidents
· Assess and recommend mitigations to address system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; determines/analyzes and decomposes security requirements at the level of detail that can be implemented and tested; reviews and monitors security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities; supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
· Perform security engineering analysis, risk and vulnerability assessment, etc. Monitor and analyze security functional tests.
· Ensure that assigned information systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with approved security policies and practices.
Qualifications and Education/Certification Requirements
3+ years of experience in InfoSec and B.S. in Information Technology or InfoSec desired. (4 years of relevant work experience may be substituded for B.S, for total of 7+ years of experience)
· Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CAP, Security+ certifications are preferred.
· Knowledge of information security engineering, design concepts and principles.
· Knowledgeable with the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and continuous monitoring methodologies
· Extensive experience analyzing information technology and system risk in complex environments and articulating results (verbal/reports) to all levels of management.
· Demonstrated experience conducting information system security controls assessments (SCAs) and applying standard auditing techniques during system security controls assessments, including the proper interpretation of the control requirements, determining if the artifacts provided are sufficient, and recommending remedial actions to the customer to ensure compliance
· Demonstrated experience writing information system security documentation (SSPs, POA&Ms, PTAs, PIAs, CMPs, CPs and IRPs).
· Extensive knowledge and experience with information security standards, policies and practices - NIST (800-53 rev4), FISMA, DOD, DCID, FBI, etc.
· Ability to research and address information security issues as required, being an authority on the subject.
· Must be a team player with "can do" attitude. Must be able to work independently with initiative and innovation.
· Knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools (NESSUS, AppDetective, etc.) and analyzing the reports generated from these assessments
· Proven ability to multi-task and deliver on-time with the highest quality.
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate well across teams and organizations, including interactions with senior-level executives. Candidates must be fluent in the English language.
· Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Top Secret clearance is required with the ability to get SCI