Grant Thornton LLP Data Team Lead and Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Performance Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * The Data Team Lead will be responsible for leading location specific analysis for a high-profile organizational improvement and data analytics and resource strategy assessment. * In addition they will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and execution of assigned analysis tasking that will support the following team activities: * Define current organizational structure and current/forecast resource requirements. * Define organizational functions and capabilities. * Define trends and game changers. * Engage organization executive leadership and key decision-makers. * Establish organizational structure and resource alignment alternatives. * Lead facilitated discussions and briefings with executive leadership. * Conduct internal quality assurance reviews of interim and final deliverables. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Strong data analytical/quantitative background.
- Tableau a plus.
- Excel required; VBA ideal.
- SAP knowledge and familiarity.
- Strong PowerPoint/ Presentation skills ideal.
- Business Process Reengineering experience.
- Human Capital/ Workforce planning experience a plus.
- Facilitation skills.
- PMP is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Team Lead and Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 036200