General Motors Test Automation Engineer - INF0018396 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
PLMTest Automation Engineer, Global Product Development IT Team
The Global Product Development IT team is responsible for IT solutions supporting GM's global vehicle development process. These Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Bill of Materials (BOM) related processes and systems are used by GM Engineers in a collaborative style. Our goal is to deliver efficient, effective solutions that help the Global Product Development team design, engineer, and validate industry-leading vehicles that meet or exceed customer expectations for cost, fuel economy, style, functionality, and driver experience.
About the PLMTest Automation Engineer role:
The PLMTest Automation Engineeris responsible fortesting Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Bill of Materials (BOM) software applications based on the Siemens PLM Teamcenter Suite using industry best practices. The PLMTest Automation Engineerwill work hands-ontesting and writing software code based on detail requirements and system specifications. This role will contribute to all software development activities in accordance with appropriate development methodologies (i.e. Agile).
- Full software development lifecycle application testing using industry best practices and standards.
- Work closely with product stakeholders to design comprehensive test strategies and their associated automated tests and metrics.
- Developing configurable, maintainable, reusable, and dependable test automation suites that empower teams to increase efficiency and product quality.
- Passionate to innovate and implement ideas to improve productivity, best practices and processes.
- Create test plans and test cases based on user stories.
- Execute tests, identify and communicate defects and risks.
- Manage testing metrics and periodically report to management.
- Perform feasibility studies to identify automation candidates.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
PLM Test Analyst Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of business process, systems and testing experience.
- Knowledge of multiple software development methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile.
- Ability to be self-motivate and holds themselves accountable for their tasks and assignments.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with developersas well as QA team.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of test case management and execution using HP ALM/Microsoft TFS (or equivalent test management tool).
- Technical knowledge and Hands on experience in the following software/testing tools: HP UFT/QTP, HP Lean FT, Visual Basic, C#, Java.
- Experience in testing Web/COTS/Mobile Applications.
- Knowledge of the various test automation frameworks and how to develop them.
- Experience in integrating Automation scripts with CI tools such as Jenkins/TFS.
- Experience in back-end Databasetesting and SQL queries.
- Strong troubleshooting and customer support skills .