General Motors Telematics Software Architect - ENG0032070 in Warren, Michigan
Telematics Software Architect
In-vehicle connectivity is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry used to support development of cutting edge solutions related to autonomous vehicles, car sharing, infotainment, and vehicle communications. We are looking for creative and enthusiastic candidates to become part of a fast-moving team who want to lead the future direction of the automotive industry.
The Telematics Architecture team mission is to ensure the design is done right the first time through advanced planning and in-depth upfront analysis.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- You’ll lead the architecture activities for multiple high performance computing platforms for telematics modules.
- Ensure our supplier’s design architecture will yield a solution that meets GM all requirements
Ensure telematics module functionality for GM vehicles
Lead and support suppliers and 3rd parties directly
- Provide software design directions
- Coordinate architecture activities with 3rd party software vendors
- Manage interface with outside partners, including security provision of requirements to microcontroller suppliers.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products relevant to architecture
- Develop newer concept and drive suppliers for improved design activities for vehicle networking, reflash modules etc.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 5 to 7 years of technical skills in relevant engineering disciplines (eg. Software Architecture, High Performance Computing, Micro controllers and high speed communication interfaces )
- Strong understanding of system architecture required
- Good exposure to the Security designs and industry practices in architecture essential.
- Develop and maintain GM design compliance to security-critical features and controls
- Good exposure to the Safety standards like ISO26262 desirable. Required to work with the supplier to design the safety features following safety guidelines.
- Experience or knowledge of domain architecture and modular design
- Experience with coding standards, code development are must
- Experience or knowledge of relevant software modeling tools( eg: IBM Rational Team Concert)
- Deep understanding of OS and Kernel architecture (eg, QNX, Linux, OSEK, Android, VxWorks etc.)
- Experience developing software development experience in C/C++ language and scripting languages like Perl, Java script etc.
- Working with 3rd party software to provide directions in terms of architecture and requirements compliance
- Strong background defining embedded architectures and specifying microcontrollers, low level software and hardware interfaces
- Understanding in protocols like TCP/IP , Ethernet, etc will be an added advantage
- Support Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) activities of control system designs
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to lead software architecture and development.
Qualification / Education/ Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Preferred Master's degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent