General Motors Telematics Hardware Architect - ENG0032071 in Warren, Michigan
Telematics Hardware Architect
In-vehicle connectivity is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry used to support development of cutting edge solutions related to autonomous vehicles, car sharing, infotainment, and vehicle communications. We are looking for creative and enthusiastic candidates to become part of a fast-moving team who want to lead the future direction of the automotive industry.
The Telematics Architecture team mission is to ensure the design is done right the first time through advanced planning and in-depth upfront analysis.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Architecture, design, and management of Telematics hardware with emphasis on power systems, analog, battery/battery charging, data communication interfaces.
- We need our architects to understand our supplier’s designs better than they do!
- Provide technical leadership to execution teams for development and integration.
- The architecture team ensures that our suppliers are implementing strong design processes and problem resolution processes.
- Architects must stay abreast of new technology and competitive products and define GM direction. We provide the leading telematics solution in the automotive industry, and we are driven to extend that lead.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 10+ years of in-depth knowledge in automotive hardware design, performance tuning, debugging, documentation, and testing skills.
- Strong understanding of automotive power systems, and analog interfaces.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of battery technology for back-up power systems.
- Experience or knowledge of IC communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, PCIe, UART)
- Experience with power management IC HW architectures and interfaces used in cellular/wireless technology communication systems.
- Ability to review/direct thermal, PDN, and signal integrity analysis
- Ability to support Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) activities
- High level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members, suppliers, and customers to resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to manage/lead projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrate initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
Qualification / Education/ Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Preferred Master's degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent