General Motors Technology Strategist - INF0018802 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the role:
Major Duties/Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze emerging technology and business opportunities
- Conduct technology related business and market research of value to GM
- Contribute to build a strategy with a clear vision to recommend future projects and programs
- Lead proof of concept setup/configuration with emerging technologies
- Participate in technical discussion with leaders in industry
- Support in designing technology solutions to meet IT and Business needs and priorities
- 3+ years of experience in strategy, technology research and technology innovation
- Ability to initiate, lead new ideas and initiatives in collaboration with both external and internal partners
- Broad knowledge of enterprise technology stack (servers, applications, networks, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft productivity platform, competitive/industry awareness (Exchange, SharePoint, Office, etc.)
- Extensive understanding of cloud technology platforms (Office 365, Google Apps, Box, etc.)
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent communication skills – presentation, oral and writing skills in English
- Consulting, startup, customer facing, proof of concept and other pre-sales experience is a plus
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry. GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.