General Motors Systems Engineer – Cloud Based Vehicle Diagnostics, Prognostics, and Analytics - ENG0032061 in Warren, Michigan
TheSystems Engineer for Vehicle Health Management Proactive Alerts is responsiblefor the engineering development and production launch of vehicle control systemprognostic capabilities. This includes leading, collaborating, andcommunicating with a cross-functional team to ensure the robust end-to-endexecution of these features. Stakeholder organizations include ProductEngineering, GM Information Technologies, Global Connected Consumer Experience,Research & Development, Customer Care and Aftersales, and Quality.
- Drive all necessary cross-functional efforts needed for the successful definition, implementation, and validation of assigned proactive alert capabilities on assigned vehicle program.
Perform on vehicle data gathering and testing as needed for algorithm tuning and calibration
Perform bench and/or vehicle testing with parts returned under warranty to support tuning and calibration efforts.
Tune performance of Prognostic Alert algorithm by developing associated calibration parameter values and releasing production-ready calibrations according to defined processes.
- Support correlation analysis of Prognostic Alert results with vehicle warranty information. Monitor performance of released Prognostic Alert results against collected raw data to ensure ongoing confirmation of signature.
- Execute production Change Control and Change Coordination processes for Prognostic alert Algorithms, calibrations, and relevant vehicle components.
- Document issues discovered and ensure appropriate corrective actions to resolve.
- For all responsibilities listed above, follow established Requirements, Change, Configuration, and Issue Management standard processes and tool-chains.
- Support development of validation plan to ensure robust field performance
- Develop system technical specifications to define the requirements and system design / architectures for prognostic alerts. Decompose system specification into clear component specifications and cascade to responsible implementation teams.
Required Experiences, Skills, and Behaviors
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in Automotive Electrical Systems and/or Embedded Software engineering.
- Strong attention to detail. High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Strong project planning and project management abilities.
- Proactive / results driven individual with high level of initiative and individual accountability.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and consensus building abilities.
- Ability to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Refined oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to summarize concise project status and focus leadership attention on key issues as needed.
Preferred Experiences, Skills, and Behaviors
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience working within a structured Systems Engineering environment that included formal Requirements Engineering, Change Management, and Configuration Management processes and tools.
- Experience using technical development and analytical tools such as MATLAB / SIMULINK, Tableau, Cognos, NEO-VI and Vehicle Spy.
- Knowledge of GM business processes and systems (ESQUARED, GPDS, PRTS, ALM, QIS2, GART)
- Knowledge of DFSS principles and techniques
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.