General Motors System Architect - Video Viewing and Recording - ENG0029323 in Warren, Michigan
System Architect – Video Viewing and Recording
The System Architect is responsible for defining system architecture and requirements for complex video viewing, video recording, and other related viewing systems in automotive applications. The System Architect must comprehend latest trends, industry standards, and look beyond what is achievable today in order to provide viewing and recording system solutions that are aligned with the structure of key program feature sets.
This System Architect position is within the Video Viewing subdomain and will require knowledge of camera based video viewing systems and recording systems, at a minimum.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Reduce ambiguity in video viewing, video recording, and other related viewing systems by defining the context and boundaries of the systems.
- Employ creativity to concept designs, define, and implement system requirements for complex video viewing, video recording, and other related viewing systems, including the preparation of technology and feasibility studies, to align with GM business models.
- Manage complexity so that video viewing, video recording, and other related viewing systems are comprehendible to all during the development cycle.
- Analyze feature roadmaps and program specific feature sets and provide to systems application alignment and execution.
- Support development of System Technical Specifications including through the creation of system architecture models and diagrams.
- Apply learning and recommend change to continually enable new video viewing and recording variants and features.
- Keep ahead of industry trends, technologies, and best practices and support feature roadmap development.
- Designs and/or make recommendations & decisions to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible for system level evaluation and determining compliance to internal and external specifications, including industry specifications and regulatory guidelines.
- Support Validation & Verification efforts for assigned systems.
- Provide technical support throughout all phases of the GVDP to ensure robust program execution and performance.
- Support the resolution of feature regulatory, compliance, and customer satisfaction issues (including PRTS, ESIMS, and SUFS) related to domain features and systems.
- Participate with, or in some cases lead, cross functional development team (Feature Owners, Systems Engineers, and other key stakeholders) discussions.
- Support documentation of Feature and System Performance Requirements.
- Lead or support Advance Technical Work (ATW) projects for the development of new features and technologies.
- Support the System Safety Process by identifying hazards and providing regulatory assessments for the related domain.
- Define Interface Control Documents (ICD) and work with System Integration Engineers to assure ICD compliance.
- Work with Systems Engineers and Architects in other domains to ensure proper integration.
- Provide technical guidance and application lessons learned to Feature Owners, System Integration Engineers, and other System Engineers.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Understanding of relevant technologies including camera based vehicle viewing, video, and/or video recording, Human Machine Interface (HMI).
- Ability to effectively communicate issues, status and recommendations to senior management.
- High level of oral and written communication skill.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems.
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and the most complex projects and assignments with the highest level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others.
- Five or more years of experience in job-related area.
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Preferred), Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Preferred)
- Experience with the development of automotive subsystems, and/or components(Highly Preferred)
- Design for Six Sigma experience (Green Belt Certification) (Preferred)
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Innovation Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage
- Drive for Results