General Motors Supplier Quality Engineer- Induction - ENG0032633 in Warren, Michigan
Seeking a strong candidate to lead an enterprise approach to launch and quality excellence.
Focus on building relationships with Supply Base and internally with GM Product Development Team (PDT) to achieve a flawless launch and robust zero defect quality system.
Implement lessons learned and read across from applicable processes within the Supply base, as continuous quality improvements.
- Ability to travel as needed to Suppliers and support emerging issue conference calls
- Ability to lead meetings with Supplier and GM executive leadership teams at High-Risk Suppliers
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) – training available
- Knowledge of Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) – training available
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles/processes such as Lean, Theory of Constraints, PFMEA/Control Plans, Machining, Stamping, and Welding – training available
- Technical knowledge of GD&T, process capability, Gage and Tool Design/Development, and BIQ
- Experience using problem solving tools such as 8D, Red-X, DFSS, 5 Why, and Fishbone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Three to five years’ experience in quality, engineering and/or manufacturing.
• Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function. Experience in electrical systems is a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
• Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, tooling, equipment and facilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of probability, statistical quality control and design of experiments.
• Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and lead diverse cross functional teams simultaneously.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (daily commutable and overnight combined – Mostly planned in advance travel).Preferred Qualifications
• Five plus years in OEM or Tier 1 experience in automotive chassis, electrical or powertrain quality, manufacturing or engineering functions, including demonstrated experience and capability in any of the following areas:
• Lean Manufacturing and or Manufacturing Quality.
• Manufacturing, Process and or Tool Engineering.
• Quality Systems Planning (APQP), including PPAP.
• Statistical Problem Solving (Red X, DFSS, DMAIC).
• Product Engineering
• Previous experience in electrical components / system development is a plus
Education and Training
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Manufacturing, Welding, Plastics, Materials, or Chemical preferred) or equivalent technical experience.
• DFSS Blackbelt
• Master’s degree in Business or Engineering is a plus
• Technical and Quality Certifications are a plus