General Motors Stamping Integration Engineer - MFE0003672 in Warren, Michigan
At the new General Motors,we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s bestvehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is thehallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehiclescan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process ofreinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt andOnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones.From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing newvehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team membersare valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals whoare looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconiccompanies.
- Develop/refineBill of Operations (BoO) or Bill of Equipment (BoE) for assigned Stamping FocusAreas.
- Assessassigned stamping plants to the Bill of Operations or Equipment.
- ConductBoE/BoO reviews for assigned plants to develop action plans for closing gap tothe BoE/BoO.
- Maintainsregular Face-to-face contact with each assigned stamping plant to review gapclosure plans.
- Drivefulfillment of plant vision migration plans
- Workwith Program MSIE’s to develop plans to most efficiently fund and utilize fourwalls program money to migrate plants to vision state.
- Monitors and balances stamping utilization
- Develops, analyzes and presents projectinformation
- Coordinates implementation of projects
- Conducts special cost & capacitystudies
- Recommends new methods of operation andwork standards
- Optimizes use of floor space, materials,personnel and equipment
- Assists in planning facilities andoperations
- Evaluates sheet metal allocations
- Leads coordination of reallocations andfactory assist
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Collegedegree required (or equivalent experience)
Engineeringor technical degree preferred
_ Experience _
- Workingknowledge stamping, dies, and press systems
- Workingknowledge of stamping part processing
- Workingknowledge ofstamping manufacturing operations
- Prior stamping plant experience - preferred
- Some work experience ina GM UAW Press Metal Fabrication Plant - required.
- Extensive workexperience (min. 5 yrs) related to all aspects of sheet metal stampingmanufacturing – including, but not limited to, equipment, tools, material,labor contracts, die construction, stamping facility infrastructure, andgeneral industrial manufacturing terms and practices
- Understandingof GM Stamping Bill of Process (BOP) and GM die construction timing andmilestones
- Comprehensionof the Vehicle Development Processes and milestones (DSI, VPI, Etc.)
- Commandof Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint)
- Understandingof GM Financial processes (AR, SAP, Business Case Analysis) and GM Financialinvestment classifications (Land Improvements, Buildings, M&E, Tooling,Operations).
- Multi-disciplined plant experience ispreferred
- Understanding of 24HC(TPD) & MPD2 is astrong plus
- Knowledge stamping presses and automation
- Thorough knowledge of GMS