General Motors Sr Manager Advanced Analytics - INF0018940 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Warren, MI
Job Description :
This is a management position for leading a team of senior data scientists. It provides the candidate with a unique opportunity to join a multi-disciplined team of experienced individuals who will be driving the opportunity identification and solution design, development, and deployment of advanced analytics across the global enterprise. The team will be responsible both for analytics strategy and project-based solutions, focusing on the company’s most critical business needs.
The candidate will be expected to provide insight into leading analytic practices and methods, design and lead iterative development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of the operating fabric of the global enterprise. This will include the application of a wide variety of analytic strategies, including econometric, machine learning, optimization, simulation, and text analytics methods.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior level business teams to identify and define actionable, high-impact analytics need and opportunity statements in a variety of areas across the enterprise. This would include projects in areas such as marketing, product development, supply chain, strategic planning, pricing, and more.
Developing industry leading solutions including:
- Determining analytic approaches to be used, defining the appropriate methodologies
- Ensuring integrity of the analytical solutions in terms of the underlying statistical and economic models and assumptions
- Assessing the current analytic models and architectures, reviewing for gaps against business needs and industry best practices
- Identifying detailed data needs, sources, and structure to support solution development
- Leading POCs to perform exploratory and targeted data analyses, and to create break through solutions.
- Communicating and explaining analytic approaches and findings to internal executive business clients.
- Effectively communicating analyses, recommendations, status, and results to business management and executives in business terms.
- Ability to create structured problem statements and conceptualize potential solutions from rough client specifications and information.
- Ability to propose analytic strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of the working team.
- Detailed knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines.
- Knowledge of industry-leading practices.
- Familiarity with analyzing source system data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends.
- Experience with analytic tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, and Python, and leading data frameworks such as Hadoop.
- 10+ Years Professional Experience.
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for producing results at varying levels of precision.
- Strong listening and communications skills, with ability to clearly and concisely explain complex problems and technologies to non-expert and executive audiences.
- Evidence of being able to transfer solutions to business stakeholders for successful adoption and value realization.
- Highly collaborative work style, with ability to provide leadership to a cross-functional team.
- Masters or PhD preferred. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience in a technical or quantitative field considered. Employment experience in a Fortune 100 company a plus.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis.