General Motors Sr Energy Engineer - FAC0000396 in Warren, Michigan
General Motors (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) is a globally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908. Today, with 215,000+ employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100 countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineering and building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobility solutions.
Our culture is centered on being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit and confident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, for our customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars; it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactions with the world around them.
As state-of-the-art technologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed to maintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovative vision for the future of transportation. Learn more athttp://careers.gm.com.
Mission: Design, build and sell the world's best vehicles.
The Sr. Energy Engineer is responsible for the implementation of facility solutions, alternatives and processes ensuring effective energy, water, and carbon management practices to meet company public goals. Work is performed in a manufacturing or non-manufacturing activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsible for promoting and driving company energy conservation cost reduction support efforts for plants and other facilities including planning and implementing energy and water savings projects.
- Promote energy conservation and efficiency initiatives at facilities, including conceptual engineering to develop business cases and manage outside engineering resources.
- Support Plant Energy Budget, Sufficiency Plan, and KPI development
- Perform Energy Treasure Hunts and lead Implementation of action items with plants and facilities
- Provide technical support to Power House (PH) and WWTP operations
- Review PH & Plants for opportunities in energy conservation and cost reduction
- Meet with plant leadership to drive energy conservation initiatives at site
- GM North America representative to the plant for energy conservation and efficiency initiatives
- Prepare Appropriation Requests, as required, for projects
- Ensures effective day to day facilities operations including process implementation and monitoring.
- Work may involve providing direction and coordination to less experienced facilities engineers.
- 5 – 10 Years inManufacturing Engineering / Power House / Utility / Energy Conservation preferred
- 4 year degree in Energy Management, Environmental, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Energy Manager, Certified Energy Auditor, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, and / or Registered Professional Engineer, preferred
- Globalization: Second language with technical detail preferred
- Leadership Ability: Promotes participation, cooperation, and excitement in given tasks
- Team Work: Builds and promotes team environment
- Supervisory Experience: Previous experience in supervising hourly non-skilled, skilled trades and salaried personnel preferred
- Facilitation Skills: Ability to lead meetings and presentations in medium to large audiences
- Negotiating Skills: Ability to successfully negotiate issues during meetings with management and contractors as required
- Communication Skills: Strong proven ability to clearly convey message to others, both verbally and written
- Project Management: Develop Energy and Water savings projects through finance approval,support engineeringand project implementation.
-Analyze Federal, State, and Local Utility rebates and incorporate into project development.
-Implement Energy Performance Contracts for appropriate projects.
- Analytical Ability: Ability to analyze mechanical, electrical, and other technical systems to make logical decisions related to optimization.
- Knowledge of Regulations: EPA Air & Hazardous Waste, DOT, NFPA, NIOSH, ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code preferred
- Computer Knowledge: Proficient in word, excel, power point, project
- Technical Knowledge: Theoretical and practical knowledge of plant process, power house, and facility energy systems
- Knowledge ofFinancial Process: Familiar with general accounting principles, expense reporting procedures, purchasing process, project forecasting, appropriation and bidding, Utilities & PH Maintenance Budgeting,
- Knowledge ofProcurement: Familiar with eSAP, specification development, competitive bidding, and Energy Performance Contracting preferred.
- Knowledge of Automotive Processes: focus on large energy users – Paint and casting preferred
- Knowledge of Internal Controls: Familiarity with Process Risk Management and Audit process preferred
- Knowledge/Experience: Demonstrated ability to operate and manage Power House / Waste Water Treatment facility, implementing cost reduction initiatives, improving maintenance and reliability as subject matter expert preferred
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying