General Motors Sr. Design Release Engineer - Telematics - ENG0031387 in Warren, Michigan
In vehicle connectivity is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry to support development of cutting edge solutions related to autonomous vehicles, car sharing, infotainment, and vehicle communications.
We are looking for creative and enthusiastic candidates to become part of a fast-moving team who want to develop the next generation of OnStar andlead the future direction of the automotive industry.
This role will act as the primary interface with the vehicle program team, product development team, and validation team to track software development issues, fixes, and release timing for global vehicle launches. Candidate will also provide expertise for program sourcing, design reviews, specification reviews, failure mode analysis, and software release notes reviews.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate project timing plan and vehicle rollout plan.
- Manage Product Development Team meetings and track action items.
- Release telematics module on global vehicle programs.
- Author and track Engineering Work Orders.
- Release parts and support vehicle build and ride events.
- Respond to Captured Test Fleet concerns and track launch issues.
- Review and respond to CR/DNs.
- Act as primary interface to supplier DREs.
- PPAP signoff for telematics modules.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Computer Science Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum3 years’ experience as a Design Release Engineer (or equivalent).
- Experience with in vehicle connectivityor infotainment systems.
- Expertise in requirements engineering processes (FMEA, DFSS).
- Experience with software design, testing, and issue resolution.
- Experience with systems validation processes (component, bench, vehicle, and end to end systems).
- Experience in managing supplier resident engineers.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with other global business partners.