General Motors Software Program Manager - Infotainment - ENG0030788 in Warren, Michigan
GM is building an Infotainment platform software team which is both developing the software that will run GM’s next generation infotainment system. The Software Program Manager, is responsible for managing delivery of multiple features, ensuring they are delivered on time and with quality.
The Software Program Management function requires strong technical who are highly organized and able to communicate effectively with both technical teams and senior leadership.
The Software Program Manager (SPM) role is a position in the GM software team that will be responsible for:
- Guiding one or more software development teams to deliver multiple Infotainment features.
- Interacting and collaborating with many technical and non-technical teams cross-functionally both within General Motors, and externally
- Ensuring software project teams achieve on time, high quality deliveries
- Working with software development teams across multiple offices in multiple counties
- Creating and maintaining project plans, issues and risk trackers
- Resolving issues and roadblocks of a technical or organizational nature
- Ensuring proper program management processes are executed resulting in high quality project artifacts.
- Ensuring all detailed requirements are captured, reviewed & approved per plan
- Ensuring all detailed timing milestones are captured and tracked with dependencies clearly identified and managed
- Tracking issues and risks and ensure they are addressed efficiently to ensure the timing is met
- Perform program functions to allow the technical teams to focus on the technical work.
- Manage and facilitate program meetings and working sessions
- 3 – 5 years of experience in program management of Software intensive technical projects with a successful project delivery record
- 3+ years in a technical or PM role in agile based software development
- Experience in one or more domains critical to infotainment systems, e.g. wireless communication, GPS, embedded software development, over the air software updates or configuration, in-vehicle hardware and software development and lifecycle.
- Practical experience with requirements and test case development
- Strong experience interacting with business customers and managing expectations
- Proven experience in managing projects in a multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment.
- Exceptional organization skills – PMP Certification strongly preferred.
- Strong presentation skills
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent Technical Degree
- Background in software development
- Demonstrated program leadership of complex system solutions
- Management of development teams
- Preferred: MBA or MS in a technical discipline
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.