General Motors Software Engineer - Automated Driving - Advanced Projects - ENG0031934 in Warren, Michigan
Works on Active Safety - Autonomous Driving Advanced Projects. Responsible for the development, implementation, and verification of new software functionality along with the analysis and correction of software defects.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Develop rapid-prototype embedded software control algorithms using Matlab-Simulink,generated auto-code and hand-code as necessary. Integrate theresulting software into Advanced Project development vehicles and HIL Simulators.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of features and functions through the identification and resolution of issues.
- Proactively identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop initial calibrations and calibration guide.
- Ensure delivered software meets intended system needs and system safety requirements.
- Develop optimization strategies.
- Provide design direction / resolve design issues.
- Lead peer reviews of deliverables (model, specification, test cases, etc.).
- Assist with coordination and negotiation of software interfaces
- Promote and improve process and standards adherence
- Adhere to all safety precautions and requirements, and treat safety as the top priority during all work activities
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Proficient programming skills in high level languages "C"
- 2 or more years of in-depth knowledge in software algorithm design, performance tuning, debugging, documentation, and testing skills.
- Experience with Change Management systems like RTC and IBM Change Synergy
- Ability to work quickly with small teams developing new technology.
- Possess the analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with local and global team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- BSE, BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, information technology, or equivalent training.
- 2- 5years of experience
- Ability to Learn
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Functional / Technical Skills