General Motors Software Developer - INF0018562 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOTREQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WEARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Warren, MI / Austi, TX / Atlanta, GA / Phoenix, AZ
About the Role:
The Software Developer is responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM’s software development project methodology. The Software Developer will work hands-on writing code based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Developers may specialize in a particular software package or coding language. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new programs to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral...), application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in a Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in the business environment
Why General Motors?
AtGM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell theworld’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing oneof the largest information technology transformations in the history of theautomotive industry. GM IT is a leaderin cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-CriticalBusiness Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing.We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionalslooking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that isre-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
Thepolicy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants andemployees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color,sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors iscommitted to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offersopportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search orapplication for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In youremail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you arerequesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position forwhich you are applying.