General Motors Software Developer - INF0018321 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Warren, MI / Atlanta, GA
TheSoftware Developer is responsible for developing software applications usingsound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM’s softwaredevelopment project methodology. TheSoftware Developer will work on detailed technical design hands-on writing codebased on detailed requirements. Developers may specialize in a particularsoftware package or coding language. Development activities will includeupdating existing software and/or developing new programs to address a specificneed or solve a particular business problem.This role will contribute to all development activities in accordancewith appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral...), applicationof a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the developmentprocess.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full lifecycle application development using standardframeworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications invarious software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability,automation
- Document software code and ensure that technicaldocumentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with direct management, architects andsoftware engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Be able to offer solutions and designs tosolve process, project or program issues; provides recommendations to improvethe efficiency and effectiveness.
RequiredSkills and Experience:
- 3+ years of software development experience with focus onJava based technologies
- Experience with database persistence frameworks such asJPA, Hibernate, IBATIS, etc.
- Experience with 3-tier application design - Model ViewController (MCV) architecture and ability to develop front-end and back-endcode.
- Experience with UNIX Shell Scripting and MicrosoftWindows operating systems.
- Experience with various development tools/frameworks suchas Eclipse, Visual Studio, Subversion, Sonar, Jenkins, Maven, Selenium, ALM,TFS
- Experience with database design and modeling, objectoriented design, architectural styles, software design patterns and API-Centricarchitecture
- Must be able to exhibit technical thought leadership andexcellent problem solving ability, with an aptitude for technical innovation
PreferredSkills and Experience:
- Experience with Identity and Access Management, Azure,OIM, AD, LDAP, Single Sign-On
- Experience with Weblogic and Tomcat Web/ApplicationServers
- Experience with Load Balancing and High Availabilityarchitectures
- Experience with Oracle Database and PL/SQL programming
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.