General Motors Serial Communication Sr. Specialist - Autonomous Driving - ENG0031834 in Warren, Michigan
Responsible for management of serial communication and diagnostics for current and future vehicle communication architecture for autonomous vehicles. The responsibility includes all communication protocols, both private and public networks.
- Develop serial communication and diagnostics databases for current and future Electrical Architecture
- Single point of contact for Advanced Development Group for providing design input during serial communication and diagnostics design
- Setup Vehicle Benches, and prototype vehicles with Ethernet Artifacts, manage CAN messaging and databases to avoid message collision.
- Release CAN and Ethernet databases to internal software and interface design teams
- Support prototype vehicle builds and test drives for any serial communication issues
- Experience with Ethernet Timing Analysis Validation for Port Load, Worst Case Message Latency, Path/E2E Latency, Schedulability, Buffer Utilization, Redundancy & Egress-Ingress Latency
- Create test tool requirements for future serial communication protocols for monitoring and logging of the data
- Evaluate Vehicle architectures test procedures to determine sections which can be automated
Develop test automation for test Serial Data and vehicle using Vector CANoe and CAPL scripts
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience with integrating autonomous vehicles, and vehicle serial communication buses and protocols.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Electrical design, Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in script development such as CAPL, C/C++, Python, Vehicle Spy
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in working with serial communication protocols AUTOSAR, CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, FlexRay, MOST, Ethernet, and Ethernet AVB.
- Previous background and experience with architecture design tools (e.g. Vector Preevision, Mentor Graphics)
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
Depending on the program assigned, some travel may be required.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.