General Motors Senior Wireless Network Architect - ENG0030240 in Warren, Michigan
Role and Responsibilities:
- Take leadership role as Wireless Network architect working closely with Mobile Network Operators to ensure proposed solutions meet GM requirements.
- Review Wireless Network solution rollout schedule, meeting milestones and program timing.
- Develop OnStar requirements for device connectivity via LTE, Advanced LTE, and legacy 2G/3G standards.
- Create solutions to wireless connectivity, reliability and performance issues found within the development process.
- Build and maintain relationships across the cellular network & mobile device community (i.e. chipset vendors, Mobile Network Operators, network infrastructure equipment vendors, mobile handset manufacturers, device certification labs, etc.)
- Travel as required (2-3 weeks per year)
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 12-15 years of experience in specification, design, development, deployment, of wireless communication systems (LTE, UMTS, HSPA, GSM etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Cellular Network architecture is required (eNodeB, BTS, MSC, EPC, IMS, SMSC, HLR/HSS, PGW, SGW, etc.)
- Good understanding in data communications such as TCP/IP protocol stack and applications.
- Device and network performance analysis and trouble shooting skills
- Strong of oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively with others (interpersonal skills).
- Demonstrated technical success in a fast paced, results-oriented engineering environment.
- Cellular mobile device design and development experience strongly (i.e. embedded software, mobile apps, network testing and certification)
- Experience with VoIP or VoLTE.
- Exposure to automotive infotainment and telematics.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.