General Motors Senior Software Engineer - Infotainment - ENG0028573 in Warren, Michigan
Senior Software Engineer – Infotainment Embedded Software
As a software systems lead, you will contribute to the development of embedded software for the GM Infotainment components. This is development of media services, navigation services and various other vehicle ECUs s/w. Any prior embedded software build experience that involves vehicle media, navigation and bus integration will be utilized in this role.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the entire life-cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Infotainment software embedded in vehicle components
- Deliver media, telematics, navigation and vehicle data related functionality by coding best in class embedded software using C/C++, Java and QNX/Linux expertise Work with GM business leads and engineering specialists to identify, capture and refine system requirements.
- Ability to work with and bridge across multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system level design trades
- Ensure clear and complete design level documentation
- Facilitate direct employees, contracted resources or third party companies to develop, integrate, and test software deliveries using embedded diagnostic and development tools.
- Coordinate and participate in architecture, requirements, design, code, and test case reviews.
- Work closely with other team leads to support triage and resolution of difficult system problems in a timely manner
- Interact with internal customers, vendors and external organizations to refine understanding of requirements and identify innovation opportunities
- Work with program management and Product Owners to define sprints and releases.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Software application development experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices in embedded domain
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in POSIX, QNX, or Linux OS environments
- Experience with using and managing agile software development process.
- Commercial software development experience in C, C++, Java
- Prior embedded systems development experience is required
- Experience in developing and deploying products in global markets
- System-wide triage experience
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both high creativity and engineering technical excellence
- History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance usability of complex systems
- Strong evidence of career performance excellence in position of ever increasing levels of responsibility and challenge
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in developing automotive infotainment solutions
- Prior experience with vehicle audio/media , navigation data and vehicle data services is highly preferred
- Experience with mobile devices and online services integration is highly desired
- Data synchronization techniques
- ScrumMaster experience
- Experience with SCM tools, ClearCase, Subversion, GIT, JIRA
- Common tools used for embedded development and IDEs are highly preferred
- Android middleware and framework development experience preferred
- Experience in Vehicle Network protocols like CAN, I2C, UART and SPI.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.