General Motors Senior Controls System Eng -Vehicle Cyber Security Validation SME - ENG0028149 in Warren, Michigan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Responsible for review, approval and audit of component level Vehicle Cyber Security test plan, test results for test procedures performed by Electronic Control Unit (ECU) suppliers.
- Develop and/or revise component level Vehicle Cyber Security test procedures (i.e In-Vehicle Message Authentication, Secure Diagnostics, Rationality Checks,..)
- Develop and maintain the process for review, audit and approval of supplier Cyber Security test plans, test results.
- Provide technical support to ECU suppliers on GM test procedures
- Work with Component Validation Engineers (CVEs), Design Release Engineers and Cyber Security team to ensure suppliers have delivered validation test results per GVDP milestone
- Review component level test results performed by ECU suppliers to ensure compliance with Vehicle Cyber Security requirements.
- Perform audit of component level test procedures as applicable
- Write PRTS+ for issues found during the results review and/or audit. Ensure proper closure of issues.
- Support internal and external ECU suppliers in use of automated testing provided by GM
- Develop solutions to resolve complex issues for vehicle security
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- B.S. in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Electrical Validation, Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with serial communication protocols CAN, LIN, MOST, Ethernet AVB
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Automotive Diagnostics protocols (UDS, GMW3110)
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience with vehicle network test and analysis tools (CANoe/Vehicle Spy/etc.)
- Previous background and experience with ECU debuggers (e.g. Lauterbauch,..)
- Familiarity with automotive cyber security, security protocols, and cryptographic methods
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Strong Project Management and Organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex problems and propose solutions
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- M.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering