General Motors Senior Controls System Eng - Engineering Specialist - HIL Simulation and Modeling - ENG0028146 in Warren, Michigan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Responsible for developing real time controls simulation models for various vehicle domains such as Hybrid Controls,Active Safety, and Chassis, and Body. Responsibility will include plant modeling, and integration of plant models withHardware-In-the-Loop environment for networked ECUs.
- Develop real time Simulation Models using Matlab/Simulink in support of real time testing of integrated controllers using Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL)
- Adapt and integrate Chassis, Active Safety, or Powertrain controllers with HIL bench
- Integration of plant models from multiple vehicle domains to enable software verification on HIL benches
- Train and support validation engineers Hardware-In-the-Loop bench and test setups
- Understanding of Vehicle Electrical Architecture and Subsystem/Features in Active Safety and Chassis Controls domains
- Develop and/or adapt Vehicle Dynamics simulation models (e.g. CarSim, VeDyna, or ASM-VD) with other plant models
- Provide solutions for instrumentation and simulation of Electronic Controls Unit (ECU) sensors and actuators
- Develop HIL test automation solutions for integration testing of vehicle features and functions.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Capable of utilizing various scripting tools (i.e. Python, Visual C,…)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, Control Systems
- Min of 3-4 years experience using Hardware-In-the-Loop systems for developing real time controls
- Min of 2-3 years experience in Matlab/Simulink modeling
- 2-3 years experience in Electrical Test and Development, and Vehicle Electrical Architecture
- Prior experience in Chassis Controls modeling and simulation using modeling tools such as CarSim, VeDyna, or ASM..
- Min of 3 years’ experience in real time controls plant modeling and simulation for vehicle domains and subsystems.
- Understanding of GMLAN/CAN vehicle communication system and CAN based monitoring tools (CANalyzer, NeoVi,..)
- Understanding of Control Systems Theory
- Strong Project Management and Organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex problems and propose solutions
- Ability to conceptualize and think broadly
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Control Systems Engineering