General Motors Senior Advanced Systems Integration Engineer - Active Safety/Automated Driving - ENG0031833 in Warren, Michigan
The Advanced System Engineer (ASE) is a recognized subject matter expert in his/her domain and responsible for system integration of hardware and software to meet performance requirements and end to end systems integration for technical implementation of features/functions. The ASIE must comprehend interfaces and interactions between in-vehicle systems, consumer inputs, GM back office and other cloud service environments, at a minimum and as applicable to the features/ functions. The ASIE will interact across organizations to ensure features/functions are integrated effectively into the vehicle/end to end system and with the suppliers to implement new features/functions.
These ASIE positions are supporting several aspects of automated driving and require knowledge of the major automotive subsystems systems.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Responsible for one or more domains of autonomous driving as the system integration lead
- Development Testing of pre-production software, for autonomous vehicles, to ensure customer expectations are met
- Able to quickly respond to vehicles issues from multiple organizations of the company, and lead failure analysis and root cause analysis.
- Work with Simulation and Software teams to recreate or simulate vehicle issues.
- Participate in design reviews, and testing feedback with Advanced Systems Engineers for changes to specifications
- Participate with, or in some cases lead, cross functional development team (Feature Owners, Systems Engineers, and other key stakeholders) discussions to ensure alignment with peers and downstream customers in the product execution side of the business.
- Lead or support Advance Technical Work (ATW) projects for the development of new features and technologies.
- Participate in System level DFMEA and the allocation of identified failure modes to execution teams.
Support hand-off of responsibilities and lessons learned to the production teams.
Understanding of relevant technology capabilities provided by radars, lidars, cameras.
- Additional familiarity with active safety systems, viewing features, and automated driving along with associated functions such as perception, sensor fusion, path planning, localization, behaviors, or vehicle dynamics.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues, status and recommendations to senior management.
- High level of oral and written communication skill.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems and serial data.
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and the most complex projects and assignments with the highest level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others.
- Five or more years of experience in job-related area.
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: Bachelor in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- Experience with the development of automotive systems, subsystems, and/or components(Highly Preferred)
- Design for Six Sigma experience (Green Belt Certification) (Preferred)
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Innovation Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage
- Drive for Results
Keywords: System Engineer, Systems Engineer, Systems Architect, System Architect, Active Safety, Autonomous, Supercruise, ADAS, vehicle controls, integration, architect, domain architect, control module, systems, systems architect
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.