General Motors Security Specialist - HUM0004648 in Warren, Michigan
The primary purpose ofthis position is to provide strategic direction, oversight and support for allsecurity, emergency response, and fire protection activities for US operations.To assure quality security services are provided and technology is fully utilized.The position reports to the Security Manager – US Operations or to a directreport of the Security Manager – US Operations.
- Support daily security and fire protection requirements by developing excellent working relationships and strategic partnerships with security provider management and local business unit leaders. Be visible, available and committed.
- Provide assistance on security/fire/technology projects, repairs, inspections, etc.
- Communicate regularly with the customer and senior leadership on incidents and activities,
- Consult with business unit customers to ensure they are satisfied with security service delivery and cost.
- Provide quality assurance for purchased security/fire/technology services.
- Assure compliance with corporate security policies, Global Security Manual and Supplier SOP’s.
- Provide policy interpretation and remove roadblocks, where applicable.
- Demonstrate contract knowledge by ensuring compliance with the service level agreement and required metrics.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement protective measures to reduce identified risks.
- Initiate continuous improvement activities to ensure quality and cost-effective security and fire services.
- Identify opportunities for structural cost reductions.
- Review/approve security/fire/technology procurements to achieve financial and budgetary requirements.
- Oversee the security budget spend.
- Support the Global Security Investigations team with security investigations if requested.
- Ensure implementation and execution of local emergency response plans through support for the local Emergency Response Coordinating Teams. Ensure plans are maintained and tested.
- Support the development and implementation of emergency response and crisis management plans.
- Ensure common global processes are implemented and best practices are shared.
- Keep leadership informed and participate in meetings and on committees.
- Communicate daily with security provider to understand day to day activities; special events, significant incidents, customer requests, new initiatives, etc.
- Ensure proper staffing levels. Maintain all contract exhibits.
- Implement the Risk and Quality Assessment and applicable GMS processes.
- Performs special assignments, as needed.
Thepolicy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants andemployees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color,sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors iscommitted to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offersopportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search orapplication for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In youremail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you arerequesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position forwhich you are applying.
Working knowledge of processes related to security such as:
fire prevention and protection
- business metrics
- reporting hotlines and databases
- emergency response and crisis management
- information security
- executive protection
- workplace violence prevention
- security and fire technology
quality assurance for purchased services.
Proficient in verbal and written English language skills (required).
- Proficient with office software and electronic mail (required).
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed (required).
- Able to support the implementation of corporate policy, processes, and best practices for security and fire prevention throughout the assigned business units (required).
- Excellent planning and organizing skills (required).
- Able to deal with ambiguity (required).
- Approachable, with strong interpersonal and communication skills (required).
Able to recognize the need for special investigations such as:
complex fraud and theft cases
- loss of proprietary information
workplace violence threats.
Excellent written and oral communication skills (required)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to manage to purpose and vision
- Proficiency in computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, email, and internet
- Self-starter and capable of working autonomously
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, college or equivalent formal education (required) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the security field or relatedfield
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in a large security organization
- Ethics and values
- Business acumen
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Managerial courage
- Developing direct reports and others
- Organizational agility
- Decision quality
- Written communications
- Comfort around higher management