General Motors Security and Access Systems Engineer - ENG0030496 in Warren, Michigan
General Purpose of Position
Vehicle Security and Access System engineer will lead the strategic development of Vehicle Security and Access features. Features scope includes Vehicle Theft, Content Theft, User Authentication, Closures Access, and Occupant Positioning. Responsible for developing feature requirements, technical specifications, and D FMEAs. System Engineer is responsible to ensure that system engineering methods are applied during the creation, development and validation of the vehicle security features. Responsible allocating system specification to lower level. Exercises technical direction over engineering support personnel and may have work direction responsibilities over a group with specific engineering objectives. Consults with supervisor and peers as required.
This is an exciting and rapidly expanding group within GM engineering. Be part of the future! We are looking for individuals with experience in the area of Vehicle Immobilization, Car sharing and virtual key, Content Theft Alarm, Remote Function Actuation, Passive Authentication, Memory Seat, Steering wheel and Pedal functions, Power Closures.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Develop and Champion System Technical Specifications (STS) level requirements - Complete system performance requirements in STS level requirements in DOORS. Manage specification change management using IBM Rational Team Concert(RTC) tool
- Solicit and define customer requirements through customer clinics, competitive benchmarking and working with program teams and marketing
- Support Feature work group
- Approve deviation requests that cannot/do not meet System Requirements and support proper escalation and long-term resolution
- Develop and maintain system technology roll-out
- Lead or support Advance Technical Work (ATW) projects for the development of new features and technologies.
- Lead effort to generate system level DFMEA
- Ensure System development follows System Safety Process
- Allocate System Level requirements to appropriate sub systems and components. Support design efforts to ensure that System Level requirements are met
- Act as primary contact for the resolution of current product feature regulatory, compliance, and customer satisfaction issues (including PRTS and SUFS)
- Approve system performance for production release
- Work with cross functional teams. Act as primary interface between the Body Controls Systems Engineering organization and the multitude of GSSLTs(cross functional teams) impacted for assigned features
- Work with system and feature owners in other domains to ensure proper integration
- Support Validation & Verification efforts for assigned systems
- Provide technical system support throughout all phases of the GVDP(vehicle development process) to ensure robust program execution and performance
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, competitive products and best practices
Travel as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 7 years of demonstrated Technical knowledge and ability in relevant engineering disciplines (eg. Software, Vehicle Security, Remote Access, Content Theft, Control Theory, Power Closures, Memory Seats)
- Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems (eg. PEPS, Auto Seats, Power Closures, etc)
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (eg. EPS, Adv. Suspension Controls, Cybersecurity, FlexRay, AUTOSAR, Hybrid Controls, Ethernet)
- Experience or knowledge of relevant tools( eg: NX(UG), Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody, IBM Change Synergy, IBM Rational Team Concert and DOORS
- Requires excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others. Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Candidate should have one of the following engineering degrees: Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- DFSS Black Belt (Preferred)
- Typical: 5-10 years’ experience
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Ability to Learn
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Functional / Technical Skills
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Organizational Agility