General Motors Navigation Domain Lead Engineer - ENG0029530 in Warren, Michigan
Navigation Domain Lead Engineer Summary:
Lead the specification, development and implementation of cutting edge navigation features for a new technology automotive infotainment system. This includes the evaluation of navigation feature execution, and the identification and resolution of issues. The Navigation Domain Lead Engineer provides technical direction and leadership to engineering support personnel, supplier resident engineers, and suppliers.
- Own the Navigation domain and act as the navigation subject matter expert
- Lead the specification, development, and implementation of features within this domain
- Lead issue identification and resolution for this domain
- Create and lead vehicle level test and development programs to evaluate and calibrate the performance of features within this domain
- Create and implement calibration files
- Communicate the status of test, development, issue identification and resolution to leadership
- Lead Product Development Team (PDT) meetings and provide technical direction to PDT members
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to personnel in global regions outside North America who work in the domain of navigation features.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to supplier resident engineers who assist with executing test and development programs, issue tracking, root cause identification, and corrective action assessments.
- Develop engineering designs, components, and subsystems
- Develop and implement engineering changes
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Aeronautical Engineering. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive electrical/electronics/software engineering experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience with navigation map data
- In-depth knowledge of navigation system technologies
- Proficient in vehicle data communication systems (CAN, LVDS, LIN, ETHERNET)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- In-depth knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Working knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Statemate, Rhapsody)
- Knowledge of vehicle safety requirements (e.g., FMVSS, etc.)
- Exhibit effectiveand appropriate oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- Possess a high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and good judgment in decision making
Preferred Skills and Experience
5+ years of experience working with current automotive infotainment systems includingNavigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads