General Motors Maximo Developer - INF0019124 in Warren, Michigan
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Location: Warren, Michigan or Austin, Texas
About the role:
General Motors,a leader in automotive manufacturing is looking for an experienced Maximo Developer to assist in the migration phase from 7.1 to 7.6.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work on the Maximo 7.1 upgrade to Maximo 7.6
• Work on the migration of 4.11 data to 7.6 Maximo database.
• Update and test conversion/upgrade/migration scripts and tools
• Execute mock conversions
• Create and deploy Migration packages
• Assist in setting up new VMs to support the upgrade by installing third-party applications, such as WebLogic and Oracle client
• Help to install and manage the Maximo 7.6 environments on Linux
• Assist in installing, configuring and deploying Maximo interfaces, including SOAP Services
• Create, Update and customize BIRT reports
• Perform unit testing as needed
• Create workflows.
• Design and develop user interface, reports and drive security following best practices.
• Troubleshoot issues by performing thorough analysis. Develop well thought out resolutions and options
• Creating Mobile Solutions for Maximo.
• Process optimization and implement best Asset Management practices
• 5- 10 years Maximo experience, including version 7.6.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Oracle database
• Strong data manipulation and data migration skills
• SQL scripting
• Java, Java tools
• Able to troubleshoot issues using logs and other methods
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Linux scripting
• Basic data analysis
• Cognos reporting through Maximo
• Eclipse BIRT
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.