General Motors Machinery & Equipment Engineer - MFE0003554 in Warren, Michigan
About Us: At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
GA Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Execute Standardized Work for Machinery and Equipment
- Interface with product design engineers to determine processing requirements for specific vehicle systems
- Determine tools & equipment required to meet assembly plant and vehicle requirements
- Tool & equipment procurement
- Complete the technical portions of the GA Statement of Requirements (SOR) for all tools, machinery & equipment.
- Review and approve tool and equipment designs
- Project manage build of tools and equipment
- Complete “buy off”, or approval to ship activities at suppliers
- Develop process design for assembly processes related to machinery & equipment
- Workstation layout development & release
- Develop the system layout for all workstations
- Complete PFMEA’s for assigned systems
- Manufacturing workstation validation, insure workstation meet or exceeds all performance requirements, safety, ergonomic,quality throughput and otherwise.
- Develop installation requirements for specific machinery & equipment systems
- Provide on site technical support during installation of machinery & equipement systems
- Complete in-plant validation of machinery and equipment systems
- Successful launch of manufacturing workstations
- Manage project budgets
- Complete new project cost estimates
- Perform in-plant troubleshooting of vehicle assembly issues, as required
Required Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
- 5-7 years of experience in tool and equipment design and fabrication
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with Product Engineering, Plant personnel, Manufacturing Engineering personnel and suppliers
- High level of analytical abilities to solve complex problems
- 4 year degree in a related field or equivalent experience in process and tooling
- Engineering Degree preferred.
- Degree from a major college or university preferred
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.