General Motors Lead Systems Engineer - Telematics - ENG0032088 in Warren, Michigan
Telematics is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry. Companies that can innovate and launch the most intelligent solutions are likely to cause disruption within the industry. Become a part of this cutting edge field! We are looking for creative and intelligent team members who want to shape the future.
The chosen candidate will become part of a fast-moving team, and will be responsible for leading the specification development and release efforts of a global telematics program. You will use tools to verify and test software releases. You will become the point of contact for specification issues. You will troubleshoot bus messaging issues. You will work closely with our validation teams and program teams on the development of this new telematics module. GM works globally, so the team will be based in Michigan, but we will work with other team members from other regions.
Salary and position level will be based on experience.
- Manage Engineering Change Proposals
- Manage budget for new development
- Supports Issue Resolution
- Run tests on benches and vehicles to duplicate issues and generate test logs
- Verify new software fixes
- Resolve vehicle level telematics issues
- Supports validation activities
- Support the specification, development, and implementation of automotive infotainment features and functions
- Develops technical specifications
- Supports sourcing activities
- Plans and implements test and/or development programs
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical/electronics/software engineering experience
- Knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN, LIN, ETHERNET)
- Knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Working knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Statemate, Rhapsody)
- Understanding of hardware design and failure modes
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative and proactivity
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
5+ years experience working with current automotive infotainment systems in areas such as Navigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads
Education and Training
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science.