General Motors Lead System Validation Engineer - Autonomous Experience - ENG0031117 in Warren, Michigan
Autonomous Vehicle technology is a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering, deploying multiple new sensors, subsystems and features to the vehicle. In addition to the navigation and self-driving features there is also a need for new customer interfaces and infotainment features specific to this use case that are part of the Autonomous Experience. The Autonomous Experience LSVE will be responsible for:
- The development and execution of robust validation plans that comprehend vehicle level features and systems that drive cross-functional requirements and integration, including regulatory compliance.
- Defining validation criteria and methods for vehicle level feature/system definition and functionality to meet performance requirements.
Feature Technical Specifications/ System Technical Specifications
Lead/Create test procedures for all technical requirements.
Lead/Create test procedures for all performance requirements (active safety and infotainment).
Support System Engineers in defining interface requirements across SMTs and Integration areas.
- Responsible to work with and coordinate validation activities across multiple SMT areas as required by features/system.
- Providing validation subsystem and component expertise to System Engineering Team in order to successfully meet program deliverables.
- Single point contact to help leverage appropriate subsystem/component expertise.
- Collaborating with System Engineers in defining requirements and interface across domains; while utilizing Global TIEs in the development of validation methodology and procedures for system requirements.
- Participating in system DFMEA, Verification &Validation plans & Fault Tree Analysis and incorporating findings and learnings into LADV plans.
- Drive system failure mode understanding into validation plans with the objective of reducing safety or compliance recalls.
- Feature FMEA- create validation procedures based on failure modes.
- Providing the validation input into the program specific SORs- Appendices C2, VCRI, System Technical Specification (STS), and G2.
- Ensuring optimized hardware plans in support of program-level LADV plans for system-level validation.
- Providing status of System ADV plan executions to Validation EGM and appropriate PVE(s).
- Update Validation Scorecard/PQMS for feature validation.
- Sign-off PVCL for feature level validation.
- Create CLL PRTS for any issues requiring changes to FTS/feature FMEA.
- Performing read across for validation testing.
- Participating in feature/system technical reviews as appropriate.
- Participating in resolution of issues involving interface SMT’s and other subsystems (ex. PRTS).
- Mentor SVEs and others to grow organizational capabilities.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Electromechanical Systems
- Knowledge of calibration development
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Excellent knowledge of the Vehicle Development Process
- Subsystem/Component Validation experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Automotive development experience preferred
- Understanding of HIL test methods
- MS in Engineering
- Infotainment experience
- Experience (10+ Years) or demonstrated proficiency with Performance engineering.
- 5+ Years of Controls experience
- 5+ Years of Active Safety experience
- Understanding of HIL test methods
- DFSS Greenbelt. Blackbelt preferred