General Motors Lead Software Engineer - Telematics - ENG0032091 in Warren, Michigan
Telematics is among the fastest growing technologies in the global auto industry. Companies that can innovate and launch the most intelligent solutions are likely to cause disruption within the industry. Become a part of this cutting edge field! We are looking for creative and intelligent team members who want to shape the future.
The chosen candidate will become part of a fast-moving team, and will be responsible for leading the software development of a global telematics module. The writing of the software itself will be done mostly by the supplier, with some code written internally by GM, but the software lead will interface with these groups and lead issue resolution such that the product will meet the release timing schedule in order to support global vehicle launches. The chosen candidate will work with the software developers to resolve any issues that prevent the module from meeting specifications. The chosen candidate will work closely with all validation teams during the development of this module.
Salary and position level will be based on experience.
- Will lead the resolution of software issues
- Leads software Release notes process, and will decide if the software is acceptable to accept to validate and ultimately, launch for production
- Reviews new Engineering Change Proposals, and helps determine optimal software design solution
- Run tests on benches and vehicles to duplicate issues and generate test logs
- Verify new software fixes
- Responsible for determining software bug disposition
- Responsible for insuring validation plans meet program needs
- Manages calibration file updates
- Provides direction to other engineering personnel
- Supports sourcing activities
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive electrical/electronics/software engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN, LIN, ETHERNET)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- In-depth knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Working knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Statemate, Rhapsody)
- Understanding of hardware design and failure modes
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative and proactivity
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
5+ years experience working with current automotive infotainment systems in areas such as Navigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads
Education and Training
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in one of the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science