General Motors Lead Integration Engineer - ENG0031882 in Warren, Michigan
General Purpose of Position
Lead engineer responsible for developing and integrating new infotainment/telematics features and interfaces into GM vehicles. Detailed understanding of component, subsystem, vehicle, and off-board (back-office) operation for each feature/interface is required. Assigning tasks to team members and assisting them through completion is required. This activity includes problem solving with support of other engineering groups. Candidate must be comfortable and excel with hands-on work on vehicles and computers/technology.
• Verify operation of Infotainment features that exist on module interfaces
• Analyze data logs such as Automotive Ethernet, MOST, CAN, and LIN, for root cause identification
• Feedback requirements issues to Feature Owners/Systems Engineers to improve spec robustness
• Work directly with and lead suppliers to develop, test and integrate interfaces and features
• Lead workshops to root cause development issues and document appropriately to a specific module owner
• Follow up to ensure issue resolution was performed timely and properly
• Understand system configurations and develop optimal combinations for development and test
• Develop execution plans for each integration release
• Assign group members tasks to complete integration on time and productively
• Train new employees on system operation, tools and organizational interactions
• Assist the Release and Validation organizations as needed
• Participates in design/peer reviews
• Able to follow detailed instructions from leaders or peers
• Utilizes input from internal/external customers to meet requirements
• Familiar with the Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP)
• Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
• Shares lessons learned with peers and manager
• Creates project plans, documents work completed
• Keeps manager informed of assignment status, timing, and technical issues
• Takes advantage of all learning opportunities
• Think ahead, know what is coming and what is needed to be in a position of strength
• Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
• Ensures high quality, on time completion of tasks
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience
- Eight years minimum experience with infotainment/telematics system validation, development, release
- GM Functional Service Architecture (FSA) demonstrated knowledge
- Hands-on flash programming experience over CAN and Ethernet including recovering automotive embeddedECUs.
- Excellent knowledge of CAN, Ethernet and MOST automotive networking. Knowledge of Autosar preferred.
- Good knowledge of 802.11 (WLAN) protocols as well as knowledge of OSI layer and networking protocols such as IP (IPv4/IPv6), TCP, UDP, FTP, NAT, DNS, DHCP.
- Hands-on experience with Network Analysis and Monitoring tools such as Wireshark, and Qualcomm QXDM diagnostic tools.
- Familiar with Cellular/Wireless domain such as 4G, 3G, 2G technologies as well as knowledge of wireless IT infrastructure.
- Test/dev experience using Operating Systems such as Linux/QNX/UNIX/Ubuntu as well as test automation experience.
- Previous system level testing of cellular data transfer, data throughput measurements, etc. is highly desirable.
- Experience working directly with suppliers - setting up and running development workshops and pushing issues to closure.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License