General Motors Lead Design Release Engineer - Audio Systems - ENG0031592 in Warren, Michigan
In this role, you will be responsible for specifying requirements, developing, validating and releasing the Audio Systems, into General Motors vehicles across the globe. The Audio Systems include Speakers, Amplifiers, Active Noise Cancellation Modules and Microphones.
Communication skills are critical as communicating within the Infotainment Department, across other Engineering departments, vehicle program teams, testing organizations and plant personnel are vital for quality systems that meet all technical, vehicle build and performance requirements.
- Responsible for packaging and releasing the Audio System components into GM global vehicles.
- Chair a cross-functional Product Development Team (PDT).
- Create and approve Component technical Specifications (CTS) & Statement of Requirements (SOR) and support sourcing activities and technical reviews
- Exercises technical direction over supplier/supplier engineers and engineering support personnel
- Lead and direct supplier resident engineers in release activities.
- Will work with the BFO (Bill of materials Family Owner) to fine tune and implement system requirements, participate in the selection of the right suppliers, and optimize integration into vehicles.
- Will also be responsible and focused on the quality of the Audio systems.
- Work with suppliers to ensure highest level of quality.
- Lead overall communication, coordination and consultation with engineering departments and customers.
- Develop and approve component packaging and hardware / software timing.
- Ensure all vehicle program imperatives are met.
- Coordinate and Implement engineering changes.
- Create and balance requirements across systems.
- Release parts and subsystems for production.
- Lead and execute DFSS studies and implement results.
- Address and resolve all safety and compliance issues based on CAE analysis and physical evaluation.
- Responsible for quality of audio system components and their servicing.
- Represent GM in vendor and/or customer contacts.
- Release final designs for manufacturing or purchase as appropriate.
- Can manage multiple vehicle programs/suppliers simultaneously.
- Organize peer reviews and participate in other peer reviews.
- Lead supplier and studio activities for surface development.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products.
- Travel as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Education: Bachelor’s of Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering
Required Skills and Experience
- 3 or more years of experience in the electrical system design, development, and integration of Infotainment (Rear Seat Entertainment, Radio, Navigation, Audio Systems) Systems in the OEM field.
- Experience in automotive electrical systems.
- Has knowledge and experience in the design, development, and validation of Audio Systems.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in automotive bus-based communication including but not limited to MOST 50, Autosar CAN (CAN derivative) and Ethernet.
- Designing engineer, capable of packaging and design studies and working in
- Experienced in working with design studio and interior.
- Thorough knowledge of design development and test engineering, manufacturing and assembly operations, engineering processes and procedures.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motive employees and elicit work output.
- DFSS certification desirable. Training and implemented learning’s on at least one project a plus
- Previous experience within GM systems a plus.
- Unigraphics math files a plus.