General Motors Lead Cost Engineer - Product Program Cost Optimization - Finance - FIN0007878 in Warren, Michigan
TheLead Cost Engineer is responsible to create, analyze and validate component materialcost and targets. The Lead Cost Engineer will work with multiplecross-functional organizations, both regionally and globally. The Lead Cost Engineerwill be responsible for defining the cost methodology and process for componentmaterial cost. The selected candidate will have a high degree of autonomy andcan experience significant career growth.
Thisrole involves a high level of independent judgment, initiative, creativity, andthe overseeing of multiple projects that focus specifically on developing andarticulating cost models. The Lead Cost Engineer will have exposure to the nextgeneration of automotive transportation all while working with the leading edgeautomotive technologies.
- Responsible to assess the material cost of component designs from inception to production
- Collaborate globally to comprehend manufacturing and process differences in all regions
- Providedesign feedback for optimum cost and processing performance
- Generatetool cost estimates aligned with component material cost estimates
- Partner with GM’s purchasing team during supplier negotiations
- Activelypursue avenues to reduce costs to meet budgets
- Occasionaldomestic and international travel to supplier facilities for enhanced costingcollaboration
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
BS Engineering, or BS with related technical experience
- Experienced in the financial evaluation of technical concepts and comprehensive understanding of production processes
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Ability to lead change and resolve conflicts
- Able to assimilate large amounts of cost data, condense this data for vehicle level reporting to upper management
- Analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with global team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering project management
- Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office software
- 3– 5 years cost engineering experience
Experience with any of the following:
Development of supplier component and/or tooling quotes to OEM’s
- Plastic or Injection Molding
- Journeyman status in related skilled trade
- Automotive Subsystem and Component Assembly
- Electronic Modules
- Automotive Wiring
- Tube bending
- Glass Manufacturing
- Chassis Components