General Motors Intern/Co-op - Global Facilities - MAN0019726 in Warren, Michigan
General Purpose of Position:
Work involves assisting in the engineering support for a manufacturing or non-manufacturing facility. Apply diversified knowledge of Engineering principles to produce and/or coordinate the operations of the facility. Work closely with Facilities Management Leadership on plant status.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operating plant sites and building facilities engineering support.
- Provide site requirements and local support for major corporate and product programs managed by others.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering during major product programs.
- Archive site drawings and documentation.
- Interface with other Global Facilities units on facilities issues.
- Assist in 5 year forecast for asset refurbishment project requirements.
- Assist in supporting maintenance and process personnel with application of engineering criteria to maintain original design of equipment.
- Support IRI inspections (Industrial risk insurers)
- Assist in diagnosing repairs.
- Prepare engineering calculations as required.
- Provide proper set points on controls of facilities systems.
- Fire protection - Global Facilities supported assets - halon, CO2, sprinklers, water flow detection.
- Fire pump maintenance.
- Compressed air
- Maintain facility date and utilize CAFM process for maintenance of records and information, track status of facilities related issues.
- Office space planning
- Coordinate work on building enclosure and grounds: walls, roof, openings and auxiliary buildings, parking lots, pavement, structural steel.
- Liaison with local utilities problem resolution, repairs and reporting.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and municipalities.
- Coordinate regional maintenance contracts/blankets.
- Create reports and presentations as directed.
- Preferred academic majors - Engineering Sciences (EE, ME, Civil or Structural) or Facilities Management.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8.Demonstrated ability in area of study.
- Strong interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to energize and influence at the leadership level.
- Proven ability to build trust and respect at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set and execute to work plans.
- Solid analytical, organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Office and related software programs.
Locations: Assignment may be at the Global Facilities in Warren, MI or any plant within the U.S.
Locations may include:
- Warren, MI.
- Flint, MI.
- Lansing, MI.
- Arlington, TX.
- Spring Hill, TN.
- Wentzville, TN.
- Fairfax, KS.
- Baltimore, MD.
- Western New York (Tonawanda, Lockport, Rochester)
- Defiance, OH.
- Parma, OH.
- Lordstown, OH.
Relocation: Must be able to relocate for assignment. Housing will be provided based on program guidelines.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must have own transportation.
Please only apply if you do not need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.