General Motors Integrated Center Stack - Lead Engineer - ENG0029097 in Warren, Michigan
Integrated Center Stack (ICS) Lead Engineer Summary:
Lead the design, development and validation of a cutting edge infotainment ICS with unique technology. Collaborate closely with studio, engineering, purchasing and the supplier to ensure all requirements and deliverables are met on time, with quality.
- Create SOR in collaboration with purchasing, studio and engineering to develop requirements, allowable cost, etc.
- Manage and update component-specific technical specification(s)
- Track and manage imperatives (cost, investment, mass, etc.) to meet program targets
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to supplier resident engineer(s)
- Lead product development team (PDT) meetings and provided technical direction to PDT members
- Act as engineering lead in studio activities for surface development (SDIT)
- Work with supplier to develop needed execution criteria (Design execution sections (DES), surface, die vectors, ECER21 compliance, etc.) to support SDIT
- Work with User Experience, Interior and/or Appearance Studios and Materials Engineering to identify solutions for achieving finish, color, gloss, etc. of materials
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 or more years of experience with styled infotainment components and related technologies
- Skilled in collaborating with design studio, program teams, other SMTs (interior and HVAC) and purchasing
- Possess a high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and good judgment in decision making
- Experience as a cross-functional team leader dealing with styled components
- Experience with Launch in resolving fit/finish and any other build issues in manufacturing
- Knowledge of vehicle data communication systems (CAN, LVDS, LIN, ETHERNET)
- Knowledge of vehicle safety requirements (e.g., FMVSS, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- Exhibit effectiveand appropriate oral and written communication skills
- DE skills (UG training) a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Experience with managing multiple vehicle programs/suppliers simultaneously