General Motors Instrument Cluster - Hardware Lead Engineer - ENG0029529 in Warren, Michigan
Cluster Hardware Lead Engineer Summary:
Lead the execution of hardware development for a cutting edge Instrument Cluster with unique technology. Collaborate closely with studio, engineering, purchasing and the supplier to ensure all requirements and deliverables are met on time, with quality.
- Create SOR in collaboration with purchasing, studio and engineering to develop requirements, allowable cost, etc.
- Track and manage imperatives (cost, investment, mass, etc.) to meet program targets
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to supplier and supplier resident engineer(s)
- Work closely with purchasing to meet program cost targets
- Work with User Experience, Interior and/or Appearance Studios and Materials Engineering to identify solutions for achieving finish, color, gloss, etc. of materials
- Work with Cockpit CIT to develop packaging solution within Instrument Panel that meets all imperatives
- Manage release of clusters with Application Lead Engineer(s)
- Manage Application Lead(s)
- Lead product development team (PDT) meetings and provided technical direction to PDT members
- Lead overall cluster execution, working closely with Software Lead Engineer
- Oversee multiple vehicle programs using common cluster families
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or greater
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with styled components and related technologies
- Experience with microcontrollers
- Skilled in collaborating with design studio, program teams, other SMTs (interior) and purchasing
- Possess a high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and good judgment in decision making
- Experience as a cross-functional team leader dealing with styled components
- Experience with Launch in resolving fit/finish and any other build issues in manufacturing
- Knowledge of vehicle data communication systems (CAN, LVDS, LIN, ETHERNET)
- Knowledge of vehicle safety requirements (e.g., FMVSS, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- Exhibit effectiveand appropriate oral and written communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills: ability to work within GM, suppliers, program teams, studios, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with design release system and process (E2)
- Knowledge and experience with calibration release process
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing process
- DE skills (UG training) a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Experience with managing multiple vehicle programs/suppliers simultaneously